This post is an extension from Use Droid font on ubuntu linux. In Ubuntu 12.04, the font config for zh-tw modified. In order to make the whole system with ttf-droid, we need to comment out the sections of font binding:
- Bind AR PL UMing with DejaVu Serif
- Bind WenQuanYi Micro Hei with DejaVu Sans
- Bind WenQuanYi Micro Hei Mono with DejaVu Sans Mono
Then restart your session, all font settings are the same. Enjoy it. 🙂
An updated instruction from Replace Unity with gnome-shell on Ubuntu 11.10. In Ubuntu 12.04, there are better support for Unity and GNOME Shell coexists.
1. Install gnome-shell related packages:
$ sudo apt-get install gnome-shell \
2. Disable strange overlay-scrollbar
$ export 'export LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR=0' \
3. Use native notification of GNOME
$ sudo apt-get install notification-daemon
However, we should check the support of DBus to prevent other issues. Just check if there is ONLY contain notify-osd in the notification service file.
# vim /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.freedesktop.Notifications.service
If the exec parameter in you file only contains notify-osd, such as: Exec=/usr/lib/…/notify-osd, you should alter it as Exec=/usr/lib/notification-daemon/notification-daemon.
4. Restart Ubuntu and change login session with GNOME. Then enjoy it. 🙂